Dates of next Volunteer Induction Training Programme: 24th September, 1st and 2nd October 2014
Domestic Abuse is unacceptable. You can help us to support and empower survivors and raise awareness.
Make a difference.
What are we looking for in a volunteer?
- We welcome *female volunteers, aged 18 and over, from a range of backgrounds, particularly those who have personal experience of domestic abuse (subject to adequate recovery time).
- We value the skills gained in caring for a family as well as through employment and other voluntary work.
- You will need to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of Confidentiality.
- You must be reliable and have good listening skills
- You will need to support clients in an understanding and non-judgemental way.
- Ability to drive and access to your own transport is desirable.
- Availability during office hours.
*Subject to Section 7(2)(e) of the Sex Discrimination Act (Women Only).
You can help in a variety of ways;
- 1:1 befriending of clients who have separated from their abusive partners.
- Accompanying clients to court.
- Helping to run a support group or programme.
- Supporting our children’s outreach worker with clubs & activities.
- Publicity/awareness raising.
- Fundraising and event planning.
- Help with administration e.g. distribution of magazines, mailshots etc.
What can we offer you if you volunteer with ESDAS?
- Ongoing training, internal & external, will be offered as appropriate, giving you the opportunity to gain new skills.
- You will receive regular 1:1 support from the Volunteer Co-ordinator.
- The opportunity to increase your self-confidence and enhance future employment prospects.
- The chance to meet new people and to get involved in and help tackle issues in the local community.
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
Volunteers are accepted following an informal interview, satisfactory references and DBS check (paid for by ESDAS) and completion of Induction Training Course.
All volunteers are required to attend a 3-day training induction programme relating to domestic abuse awareness, safeguarding and health & safety. Next dates 24th Sept, 1st and 2nd Oct, 2014.
To find out more please contact:
Anne - Volunteer Co-ordinator by phone on: 01737 769418 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org